Sunday, December 27, 2015

It's New Year's Resolution Time...

This poem contains my recommendation for a New Year's Resolution for 2016:


Image Credit: newyearsimages2016.org
COVER TO COVER II

Among my most meaningful things to do
while reading the Holy Scriptures through
is write Messiah's Name in the margin
of the Old Testament, where'er I find Him.
Of course, I do not find Jesus' Name,
but I certainly find Him, just the same.

I find Him in the Lamb and the Lion,
foreshadows of the Temple in Zion,
find Him in Joshua, David, Passover,
in the Song, the whale, cover to cover.
I've thumbed through pages and jotted a few
Messianic treasures to share with you:

Messiah's birth’s foretold in Micah, five;
seven centuries later, Jesus arrived;
virgin birth proclaimed, Isaiah seven,
a Son to be fathered by God in Heaven.
Kings would bow down to Him and nations serve,
Solomon's Psalm Seventy-two observed.

He'd be pierced and mourned, said Zechariah;
Our Redeemer, fifty-three, Isaiah,
who prophesied resurrection glory!
Genesis to Revelation, God's true story!
The Word reveals His magnificent plan
in this tome of Our Savior, God and Man.

The year Twenty Sixteen is almost here—
I’ll suggest a resolution without peer:
Resolve to read before this year’s over,
the Holy Bible, cover to cover.
It contains everything you need to know
about Love, Salvation and How to Grow.
You’ll learn God’s story beginning to end
and about your Sovereign and closest Friend!


Maude Carolan Pych

In a few days, before 2015 ends, I will read the amazing concluding chapters of "Revelation". What is next on my reading list? That's simple. I will open my Holy Bible and start all over again. The Bible is so rich that there's always more to glean no matter how many times I read it through. Have you read your Bible yet? It's the all-time number one best selling book in the entire world!

No comments:

Post a Comment