Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hanukkah & Christmas

Day #4 of A-Poem-A-Day Until Christmas

I celebrate both!
Christmas & Hanukkah


ROOTED

I love to see a Star of David on a Christmas tree,
Reminder of our Jewish roots in Christianity...
I love to see a Hanukkiah on a churchyard lawn,
Adjacent to a manger, dimly flickering at dawn;
Am awed by the Paschal Lamb, crucified at Calvary...
Who rose victorious from the dead to set all sinners free!

I hear the Rosh Hoshanna trump forewarning with its cry,
Reminding us the Day of God is surely drawing nigh;
I marvel every Yom Kippur at graciousness of God...
Lavish with his mercy; He spares the chastening rod;
Fervently read Old Testament’s fruition in the New,
With the Messiah’s story interwoven through and through.W

In Shabbat tapers I behold Yeshua, Light of World;
Before my very eyes I see God’s prophesies unfurled.
Was blessed to pray at Israel’s Wall and empty Tomb
Of our Hebrew Savior, born of the Virgin’s womb.
At Gethsemane, I have seen an ancient olive tree
And knew within my spirit that one grafted branch is me.

I’m born again and spiritually circumcised of heart;
I’m blessed to be a Gentile, who’s become a part
Of Covenant promises sealed by the Blood of God...
I’ll forever praise His Name as I walk this earthly sod.


Maude Carolan

We'll be celebrating Hanukkah at the Beth Israel Worship Center in Wayne, NJ, this weekend...Everyone is welcome...Come join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment