Sunday, June 15, 2014

It's All About...The Lamb, Vol. 17, Issue 2

June 15, 2014
Vol. 17, Issue 2




It’s all about…The Lamb

Maude Carolan Pych/Quarterly Poetry Letter


Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches
and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.” Rev 5:12 NASB


It’s all about…The Lamb is a quarterly publication for lovers of the Holy Lamb of God, who also enjoy poetry. The purpose is to magnify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and inspire an ever-deepening relationship with Him, the lover of our souls…

I’M CELEBRATING “TWO” BIG BIRTHDAYS…
As usual, June is busting out all over with gala celebrations…weddings, First Communions, graduations, recitals, etc. This June two celebrations are for me. Celebration #1 was June 3rd, my 70th birthday. The festivities began in May with a bus trip to beautiful Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania, then onto an intimate lakeside dinner with my hubby, birthday cake with my siblings, a dinner at the Jersey Shore with my children and grandchildren and a get-away with daughter Beth to Point Pleasant, where I accompanied her on a brief business trip. To top things off, the icing on the cake will be a cruise to Bermuda later this summer with my entire family…Wow!!! All this fun takes the sting of turning a new decade completely away! (Well, almost!)

Birthday #2 is my spiritual birthday…I was Born Again and filled with the Spirit, June 6th, 35 years ago. Praise the Lord and Hallelujah! What makes this extra-special this year is that the Lord has been reigning in my heart for exactly half my life.

I have posted poems about birth and rebirth on my blog to mark these special occasions. To read them, go to http://maudespoems.com and click on the archived poems dated 6/1/14 and 6/6/14.


+ + + FEATURED POEMS + + +
The two poems I’ve selected for this edition both rhyme. They are “My Friend” and “Sky Dancers”. The first was written in 2000 and speaks of my relationship with the Lord, Who the Book of Proverbs tells us is “a friend Who sticks closer than a brother.” and the second is another oldie in sweet celebration of summer being right around the corner. I hope you enjoy reading them.



MY FRIEND
"…there is a friend
who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:34

Sometimes I go to God's house,
sometimes He visits mine;
He often comes to work with me
and helps me pass the time.

He's with me in the kitchen
when I cook and as I scrub;
I meditate upon Him
while lolling in the tub.

He keeps me company driving
and when I take a walk;
God and I stroll quietly
and other times, we talk.

God's there when I am shopping
and watering my flowers;
He inspires my writing,
in computer weary hours.

He's in me as I minister
and hears me as I pray,
lifts me up when I am downcast
and helps me through the day.

He sups with me at table
and He joins me in my rest.
Oh, when we are communing,
they're the times I like the best.

God loves it when I worship Him
and glorify His Name;
He shines His Face upon me
and ignites me with His Flame!

I read to know God better,
for He knows all about me;
fills sleepy thoughts at bedtime
with His sweet tranquility.

How blessed I am to know Him!
Love overflows my heart!
I count upon His faithfulness
and know we'll never part.

My heart is filled with gladness
every moment that I spend
with the Creator of the Universe,
Holy God, my Friend.

Maude Carolan

  1. Photo Credit: Flickr.com



  2. Photo Credit: Flickr.com







SKY DANCERS

There's something happy about butterflies.
They flit-flitter as they flutter by,
flying flowers against the azure sky.

They alight upon the milkweed, and then
they circle, soar and alight again,
toe-dancing on pink petals in the glen.

Ever dwelling in hue and sweet fragrance,
in garden splendor they flicker as they dance.
Pollination is purely happen-stance.

I delight in their overflow of joy.
(They wouldn't even know how to be coy.)
A flame of mirth! A whirligig! A toy!

Do they recall they once were grubby worms,
remember well their dark and squiggly squirms?
Reborn, now grace and beauty each affirms!

This almost seems to be sheer fantasy,
sky dancers as enchanting as can be,
springing from blossoms right in front of me!

So, merrily a-nectaring they go,
reaping and sowing sweetness in day-glow…
Seems they have learned what all of us should know.

In contemplation of their simple ways,
I wish to add their ballet to my days,
to sky dance gracefully on wings of praise!

Maude Carolan Pych


Comments are always welcome and appreciated. If possible, please post them to the website.

Look for the next edition of It’s All About…The Lamb, September 15, 2014


A FEW CLOSING WORDS…

Dear Reader/Subscriber,

I hope you have a delightful summer! 

In the meantime, every hour of the day…

May God be with ewe,

Maude



After God’s Own Heart Publishing
P.O. Box 2211, Woodland Park, NJ 07424

http://maudespoems.com









No comments:

Post a Comment