Sunday, January 19, 2014

What They Learn "At Grandma's Knee"

Meet Aiden, Antonio, Emelia, Dean, Logan & Alana


AT GRANDMA’S KNEE
For my grandchildren

When I was a child, sitting at my grandma’s knee
she told me about Jesus, Who gave His life for me.

She made for me a scrapbook all about the Lord,
to show me countless reasons why He should be adored.

I still have that scrapbook. I keep it with my treasures.
Looking through it time to time is among my pleasures.

She told of His birth at Christmas; Easter, it was the Cross;
told of the sins He saved us from, when His life was lost.

She made it clear she loved Him; I learned to love Him, too,
and I grew up to follow Him, all my whole life through.

Now I have grandchildren, who sit upon my knee;
I get to tell them of the things that mean the most to me.

I read them poems and sing to them…Oh! we laugh and play;
I hug and kiss and pray with them in my special way.

Of course I tell of Jesus and why I love Him so,
and oh I hope they’ll love Him, too, as they grow and grow.

Maude Carolan Pych



2 comments:

  1. As a grandmother too, I agree, no greater joy is it to share the love of Jesus with my little one Giovanni! When he sleeps at my house I say a bed-time prayer. After he is asleep I sneak back, kiss his head and pray that God would make him be the man of God He always intended him to be.

    I don't remember my grandmothers, and so I pray that I will be able to continue to make an impression on his life, as you do. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children didn't have grandmothers. My mom and mother-in-law passed away before any grandchildren were born. For me, grandmotherhood is the most wonderful blessing. I often say that it's the icing on the cake of life. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Barb.

    ReplyDelete