Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thinking about Hanukkah & Christmas...




ROOTED

 

I love to see a Star of David on a Christmas tree,

Reminder of our Jewish roots in Christianity...

I love to see a Hanukkiah on a churchyard lawn,

Adjacent to a manger, dimly flickering at dawn;

Am awed by the Paschal Lamb, crucified at Calvary...

Who rose victorious from the dead to set all sinners free!

 

I hear the Rosh Hoshanna trump forewarning with its cry,

Reminding us the Day of God is surely drawing nigh;

I marvel every Yom Kippur at graciousness of God...

Lavish with his mercy; He spares the chastening rod;

Fervently read Old Testament’s fruition in the New,

With the Messiah’s story interwoven through and through.

 

In Shabbat tapers I behold Yeshua, Light of World;

Before my very eyes I see God’s prophesies unfurled.

Was blessed to pray at Israel’s Wall and empty Tomb

Of our Hebrew Savior, born of the Virgin’s womb.

At Gethsemane, I have seen an ancient olive tree

And knew within my spirit that one grafted branch is me.

 

I’m born again and spiritually circumcised of heart;

I’m blessed to be a Gentile, who’s become a part

Of Covenant promises sealed by the Blood of God...

I’ll forever praise His Name as I walk this earthly sod.

 

Maude Carolan

The above poem is from From My Heart to Yours at Christmas: Cookies & Poems. To order, write a check to Maude Carolan Pych for $7.00 plus $1.00 p&h, and mail it to: P.O. Box 2211, Woodland Park, NJ 07424.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment