Sunday, December 30, 2012

"His Little Lamb"




HIS LITTLE LAMB

Dedicated to my friend, Lynn

 

The Shepherd loves you, little lamb

He holds you to His breast

He strokes His hand along your back

with utmost tenderness

 

The hand He runs along your back

is scarred from long ago—

A nail pierced it upon a Cross

because He loves you so

 

You are the lamb in Jesus’ arms

safe in His loving care

Because He gave His life for you

you may ever nestle there

 

Maude Carolan Pych

 
The above poem is dedicated to my friend and former co-worker, Lynn, who has been battling cancer. She retired at the end of August and moved to Arizona. She is often in my prayers.
 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully sweet Maude :-) Love Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maude,
    So lovely. You are a gifted poet. So thankful you share your gifts so freely!
    Happy New Year ;D
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susan. Several years ago a friend quoted a Scripture verse, the address of which I do not know. It was, "Freely you have received, freely give." It blesses me to be able to share my poems with others. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete